The new term has started and we have met our new tutor. I did not feel that I learnt much with the participants of the session guiding discussions and thus the session did not maintain much focus.
I was anxious to be given information about e-learning as I have already read around the subject and am feeling very positive about the impact the module will have on improving my teaching. In this sense the session was disappointing with the discussions mainly being about the role digital learning has in education with examples that were used being in the context of early years education which I feel is very far removed from the genre I teach in. The tutor did however stress that she would be using the context of FE for future sessions.
I came away from the session feeling dissatisfied but on reflection feel that the session did encourage me to think about e-learning as a whole and consider if the new initiatives etc. are improving learning or just changing it? and another point I have begun to consider is the huge amount of funding that has been put into this area justified?
These questions I will begin to consider this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment